The social and cultural club Triglav was established in 1959
by the local Slovenian community. A hall was purchased in the
city, which served as a meeting place for all Slovenians of
the London area. Language assistance and other aid was made
available to new immigrants.
About five years ago the association purchased a farm on Highway
22 outside of London. A modem hall was built on the grounds
and the new centre was officially opened in June, 1980. The
activities and organizations of the society include four folk
dance groups, a Slovenian library, a men's choral group, lawn
bowling and other sports. Dances, picnics, and national celebrations
are held regularly. Participation in the new multicultural festival
Cavalcade has become a recent highlight. Triglav has about one
hundred members at the present time.